Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween/Blessed Samhain from Our Clan


I'm feeling very positive about this particular Samhain for some reason.  Even though I don't much follow the Celtic side in the Pagan umbrella I have always like the concept of the "Witch's New Year"... a fresh start, turning over a new leaf etc.  I'm thankful to be feeling more spiritual this holiday than I've been feeling for the past few years.  My hope, my "resolution" I guess you could say, would be that I can hold onto that feeling, and of course that I can open my own heart for a better capacity for loving myself and others.  Also I'd like to be a bit more organized (like the way I was B.C. - Before Children) and to take care of myself much better than I have been (without rehashing the same boring self deprecating shit *I* know what I need to do here to commit to that goal.)  I do wish I could do an elaborate ritual for those dear to me that have passed on: Grandmother, 2 Great Grandmothers...  J., B., B., K., (one face/story that represents them all for me), R., T.) but if I can at least light a candle in their honor I will feel as if I've at least accomplished something.  A Blessed Samhain to all my spiritual soul sisters and brothers... here's to new beginnings!

3 comments:

Diandra said...

The easiest ancestor "spell"/ritual I know consists of grave lights lit at the door (front and back, if you've got that many doors) and a bowl of cookies and milk put next to the lights for them - that way, if they come to visit they know they are welcome. (I use gravelights becasue they are inexpensive, burn outside without problems and are pretty safe.)

I wish you all the best for your new year!

Anonymous said...

I realize I'm a day late and a dollar short but I hope your evening was everything you needed. Also, what a beautiful family you are!

Winter Slytherin said...

Thanks Diandra and DM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...