Well... here we are already, first check in. First of all per this week's challenge I managed to get some updated front/side "Before" pictures taken. I sort of think in these my body doesn't look as bad as I mentally feel about it, but the chin(s) and the expression on that mug... GAH! I don't normally walking around looking such a sad sack...
Front:
Side:
I had some successes this week; I had some areas that will need much more work. To start:
Weight 161.0 (-1.4)
BMI 27.6 (-.2) (Overweight)
Bust 36 in
Waist 33 in (-2)
Hips 41 in (-1)
At first I was a bit discouraged on the pound and a half weight loss until I saw the measurements. 2 inches off the waist and one off the hips? Nice!
As for goals, well... I did well with emotional eating and portion control. Exercise? Not so much... I didn't even find the time to sneak in a power walk or a lame attempt at running or anything.
Short version of my 10 goals:
1. Get all "spiritual" in moments of weakness by consulting Spirit/the God/esses: Did pretty well!
2. Go cold turkey on the sodas: I rock! Not a soda one!
3. Eat only when actually hungry: Did okay here but I messed up at least once big time because my Navy brother and his fiancee were visiting and they surprised us all with a courthouse wedding! So there was wedding cake and pizza to be had even though I'd just had dinner. ;-/
4. 1800-2000 calories a day: Kind of an epic fail. My average was 2400.
5. No eating at least an hour before bedtime: Did it! I don't remember one instance of eating in bed while watching Family Guy after work.
6. 4-5 bottles of water a day: Epic win! (Do you notice how no sodas being replaced by all this water seem to go hand in hand?)
7. Avoid candy, cakes and other sugar treats: Meh... not so good. I did have 2 days out of 7 I did this, so at least I did something!
8. Keep food/calorie journal: Did 5 days out of 7. I'll take it!
9. Read books, blogs, etc on overcoming emotional eating: Done.
10. Exercise at least 5 times a week and start running practice: Not even once did that happen... epic fail.
At first I was a bit discouraged on the pound and a half weight loss until I saw the measurements. 2 inches off the waist and one off the hips? Nice!
As for goals, well... I did well with emotional eating and portion control. Exercise? Not so much... I didn't even find the time to sneak in a power walk or a lame attempt at running or anything.
Short version of my 10 goals:
1. Get all "spiritual" in moments of weakness by consulting Spirit/the God/esses: Did pretty well!
2. Go cold turkey on the sodas: I rock! Not a soda one!
3. Eat only when actually hungry: Did okay here but I messed up at least once big time because my Navy brother and his fiancee were visiting and they surprised us all with a courthouse wedding! So there was wedding cake and pizza to be had even though I'd just had dinner. ;-/
4. 1800-2000 calories a day: Kind of an epic fail. My average was 2400.
5. No eating at least an hour before bedtime: Did it! I don't remember one instance of eating in bed while watching Family Guy after work.
6. 4-5 bottles of water a day: Epic win! (Do you notice how no sodas being replaced by all this water seem to go hand in hand?)
7. Avoid candy, cakes and other sugar treats: Meh... not so good. I did have 2 days out of 7 I did this, so at least I did something!
8. Keep food/calorie journal: Did 5 days out of 7. I'll take it!
9. Read books, blogs, etc on overcoming emotional eating: Done.
10. Exercise at least 5 times a week and start running practice: Not even once did that happen... epic fail.

4 comments:
Sounds like you're doing really well. And you're brave enough to put up photos! Best of luck for the next week.
At least you're doing better on your eating habits! You'll get in the groove of exercising more soon. :)
Great job! You have lots of successes on your list. That is fantastic :)
Good first week! Good luck for the next :)
Post a Comment