Wednesday, February 8, 2012

GOYB 2012 Challenge: Week 5 Results


5th check in, better late than never...

Weight 155.8 (-0.2)
Dress Size 14/16 (?)
BMI 26.7 (-0.1)  (Overweight)
Bust  34 in (Same)
Waist 33 in (+1)
Hips 40 in  (Same)

I'm kind of going to skip all the usual and do my mini rant.  It's not the numbers I'm upset about, I'll take any loss I can get, even -0.2 lbs.  It's about my progress.

For the first time out of countless failed diet and exercise attempts of the past 8 years I AM making some real progress.... some actual lasting changes and mental and spiritual reconditioning that I've never experienced before.  I've been without sodas now for 38 days (the longest I've ever gone since childhood) and am now to the point where they don't even look good to me anymore.  Since joining My Fitness Pal I am exercising every single day.  90% of the time its just lame ass jogging in front of the TV while I knock out some DRVs during the boys' naps or after work... but hey, I can't afford a gym membership or my own workout room so whatya gonna do?  But I actually enjoy the exercise rather than dread it like I always did before.  Hell, I enjoy ANY time to myself!   For the first time that I can remember I'm getting to where I don't crave fast food, sweets, etc.  Stupid cliches like "A moment on the lips leads to years on your hips" and "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" actually make sense.  Right now the boys are eating cinnamon rolls that I couldn't care less about and won't be touching when ALWAYS before I would have been like, "Well since the kids are having it I will just this ONCE."  So what's the prob?

Family Guy.  For the last three nights in a row he's taken us out to eat at big high calorie grease joints and my insistence on not wanting to go falls on deaf ears and a stone for a brain.  I have a weigh in for a work contest tonight and unless things change in some drastic way today I'll be weighing in 2 lbs heavier than I was when I did my at home weigh in on Sunday.  (It goes without saying that it's going to make me look very bad at the work contest).  Okay... so if he and the kids just HAVE to eat at some greasy spoon I could just take a banana and sit there and eat that, right?  Wrong.  Believe it or not I am at the mental state to where I could do that.  To where a banana sounds so much better than (and would fill me up better than) a 400 calorie McSalt Mini Burger.  BUT... Family Guy gets snippy and insulted if I don't eat the same thing he does and at the same time he does.  I hate drama so I just give in.  I don't believe he's trying to sabotage me... he just doesn't think that deeply.  It's more like he just doesn't care for himself.  He claims to be serious about making changes with his own health and habits.  But just for an example he'll use the My Fitness Pal counter, eat a very tiny breakfast and small lunch and say, "Ohh... I have 1200 calories left for dinner," and then he'll have some big greasy coney dog and fries or something to run out the clock (and he still ends up going over of course).  He expects me to eat that same way, but I'm much smaller than him and have a smaller calorie count window to work with.  So frustrating!  Not to mention all day I will have a random child walk up to me and try to stick a potato chip or some snacky thing in my mouth because they think its cute.  Ughh!  I feel like an alcohol/narcotics addict trying to live on a college dorm!  Rant over.  For now. ;-)

At the very least I need to learn how to say NO when I know its something I don't need or want.  Now if its something that I DO want but DON'T need and I have to fight both the temptation and the badgering from outside sources to give in... well, that's hell on a whole 'nother level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never understood why people get so assholish about others not eating what they are. Perhaps you should put a pile of dogshit on your plate, then look to him and say "where's yours? I thought you like everyone to eat the same thing?"

But that's just what I'd do. muahahahahha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...