I have been an active participant in a couple of "blog projects" (weight loss and reading) but posting about that stuff leaves me little time to write much else. I love reading and following the Pagan Blog Project that is going around but I just don't have time for it. What little I do blog here leaves the Boy Tornadoes doing what they do best (tearing through things out of boredom). There are things I constantly think about and want to write about but it is all a hoarded jumble in my mind that I just can't seem to put any order to. But I'm going to try to unload at least one thing today...
I have been thinking a lot about reincarnation lately. This started about two months ago when I had to visit my mother in law's for Thanksgiving. I have virtually no relationship with my mother-in-law because my husband hardly does (Her choice, not his. He's been begging in vain for his mother's love and attention his whole life apparently). But she's always at least good with the grandchildren (my children and my sister-in-law's). Still it was with dread that I faced her over Thanksgiving. But suddenly she started out of the blue talking about how she found comfort in the hope of reincarnation and how she had been reading the works of Edgar Cayce. I mumbled that I had been studying Paganism for years and I believed somewhat in reincarnation (because every since having children I somehow got pushed into a broom closet with the lights out and the door locked that I was never before in). But suddenly I had a whole new respect for her. And a lot to think about myself.
Why had I been so reluctant to share my beliefs on that subject or to even admit that I believed? Since being on a Pagan path I'd always believed in reincarnation because to me it simply just makes sense with the way that everything in the world comes full circle. Also there are so many lessons for a soul to learn (and to teach others) to evolve that there is just no way that they could be learned in just one incarnation.
During my pre-teen years I'd had several dreams/visions/signs about a possible past life of mine. And the clarity of those make it seem very real. But to anyone who is not Pagan or spiritual this would make me sound delusional. This raises other questions for me though...if reincarnation is real then why do I only remember this one life? Why do I not have a natural talent for the language that was spoken by this person? Why do I never feel any de'ja' vu when I read anything about her country of origin? What was the point of that life (she died either in her teens or twenties) and what is the point of this one? I'm betting reincarnation will be the subject of future blog project posts and I look forward to seeing some varied thoughts on the subject.

2 comments:
Perhaps your newfound shared interests with your MiL will lead to a deeper and more real relationship between you? I hope that happens, if it is something you would like.
Perhaps you've only encountered what you need to encounter and experience from that life in this life so far (um, does that many ANY fucking sense to anyone but me).
I did a past life meditation for almost an hour using drum music played specifically to induce a deep meditative state. I saw myself as a young woman on a rocky mountain top overlooking a sea crashing into the rocks. Last Summer, I visited Maine for the first time in my life.....I found myself standing on that mountain with that view. It was one of the most Spiritual things I have ever experienced.
Maybe you should look into some drumming music and try that out, after the kids are in bed and you get a friggin minute to yourself ; )
Post a Comment