Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another Spoke on The Wheel

I'll admit I never was one that kept up much with the Pagan Holy Days, although I am seeming to be better with that in the past couple of years.  Also, while I find the Celtic side of things beautiful it doesn't speak to me the way it does to some, so I've never known quite what the Holy Days really mean to me.  I wonder if it is because not only am I a VERY solitary practitioner, I am the only one in this family.  This isn't something I can share with the Family Guy... not because he'd be against it but simply because it would be way over his head and he'd have absolutely no interest in it.  As far as the children I made a decision a long time ago to raise them to be open to all paths and to find the one they wish to walk when they are of age.

Someone at one of my favorite blogs, Hippy Jersey Devil  , provided a very simple explanation of her take on Imbolc that really spoke to me in a way I could relate to and use in my own life so I'd like to quote it here with many thanks to her for her wisdom:

Imbolc is the time when the sun rises a bit earlier and sets a bit later, however, in my neck of the woods the ground is usually covered in snow.  I say usually because this year Winter seems to have quite the sense of humor and Imbolc will be 60 degrees.

Anywho.  Imbolc is a reminder and a promise.

A reminder that we are still in for many weeks of hibernation and cold (fingers crossed on the cold and snow, Winter is my favorite season after all).  A reminder to savor those moments of rest and rejuvenation.  A promise that in due time, The Wheel will turn as it does always and those warm breezes and green sprouts will again visit us at Ostara.

Imbolc is the glow of fire in a dark room.  The sun just cresting the horizon yet barely visible.  A time to plant the seeds of your wishes, dreams and goals so they may have time to germinate and eventually bloom.

Wherever and however this day finds you, tune into the cycle - even if just for a few moments - and feel it with every cell in your body.  Perhaps you are performing an elaborate Ritual with a group or by yourself.  Maybe you are like me and will be sitting before your altar alone in prayer and meditation.  There is no "right" way to celebrate this, or any other turn of The Wheel.  If you get caught up in your plans, you may miss the Rainbow.  Thankfully, I am not a stickler to rules and stringent in my Spiritual practice.
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
~Katharine Hepburn~

As with all things Magic and Pagan, be where you are and how you are.  Intention and Love. That is magic.


*Bright Blessings, friends.
Winter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are kindred spirits my friend : )

Also, how the hell was I not following your blog? I guess when I came back I thought I had it on my list? I'd like my friggin brain back please. kthnx

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Imbolc blessings to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...