Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Blog Name, Same Time, Same Bat Channel!

These Mother Moons has now changed over to a new blog name: Winter Slytherin, Tornado Chasing Witch.  It's still me though. :-)  Changed the address too:  http://tornadochasingwitch.blogspot.com/

A cheesy blog "theme" has sort of over time developed for me.  As I said in my last post I am a Gemini.  Air sign all the way.  I constantly refer to my children as "tornadoes".  And actually tornadoes have been a lifelong fascination for me.  So out of the blue a blog name came to me that reflects all of that.

I also sort of updated my "about me":

Do I actually chase tornadoes? Well yes... I daily chase EF-3 kids around the house and I'm a lifelong Tornado Alley resident so I've actually chased some literal tornadoes too! Simply put I'm just a wife, mother, nerdy music and book lover who is trying to navigate through these storms of life! I like to refer to myself as a "Slytherin Witch" which simply means an I'm a proud spiritual introvert who has been on the Pagan-ish path for 13 years now. My adventures into motherhood and mid thirties have turned out differently than I would have expected, yet very much blessed all the same. Every day is a journey to find the magick among: three kids who rip through our tiny house like tornadoes, our family being a classic example of the faltering American economy as we live our lives on the poverty line in an "upscale mobile home park", the mini van with the high mileage, a night job in the service industry, endless Spongebob reruns and about 30 lbs of baby weight left to lose. But life is a journey and I'm "free to fly" and every day I'm accomplishing more and more toward rediscovering the magick and remembering how to love myself.

Eventually I'll figure out some really cool header and if anyone can advise me on how to make those BLOG BUTTON thingies... well, that would be just great.

Yes... this was a real tornado shot taken by me on my street this year!  This could have turned out really badly but luckily it didn't...
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...