Since my husband started his new job a few months ago his work hours are later in the day than his old job and I'm with the kids much longer. Through a series of circumstances through the years I have come full circle just about exactly where my parents were all those years ago... barely scraping by in a small dark mobile home with three miserably bored kids. I had all these visions of parenthood I'd tried out with my oldest and it turned out many of them didn't work out the way I'd thought they would. All this is mainly where the recent depression seems to have originated from.
Again I just want to say that I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate my children. I have a crap-ton of bookmarked blogs I read about some very sick children: children with deforming cranial-facial disorders, or crippling rare skin diseases, or childhood cancer... the list goes on and on and these mothers always seem to handle these insurmountable challenges with nothing but grace. My children are healthy (for the most part) and I know I am blessed blessed blessed beyond belief. I just wish *I* could handle my day to day challenges with the kids with more grace.
See this picture?
I work late nights and don't usually get to sleep until 1 or 2 am. Then I'm up at 6:30 am trying to
I spent my whole 20s dreaming and obsessing about becoming a mother. I guess I just thought I'd have it more together and would enjoy it more (instead of feeling waaay overwhelmed at least 1/3 of the time). And that is the root of the depression. Since I don't want to wallow here's a recent quote I found from an old book of shadows I once kept (from the 90s - lol!) that put things more into perspective for me:
That was Silver RavenWolf. As I've said before she's the writer that started me on the Pagan path long ago and at the time she worked well for me. Pretty basic there... but its probably time for me to go back to basics. The notes from the passage I'd copied went on to an exercise of controlling your thoughts for self improvement:Your overall outlook on life is important not only to your physical and mental health, but it is also a vital factor in your competence as a Witch. If you are depressed, angry, floating through life with a feeling that all things you try leave you unfulfilled, you are doing yourself little good. To be successful in any endeavor you must "think" success.
Sounds pretty easy, basic and doable, right? I just have to remember in those moments to actually DO something similar to that.Create an aura around yourself by programming responses to a difficult situation. Close your eyes for a light 5 minute meditation and mentally affirm to yourself the type of person you wish to project... as if putting a sort of mental spell on yourself.
Even though life is...


3 comments:
Maybe you can change things areound a bit, get help and support from friends living near you? I imagine this must be tough, and I understand why this might depress you, but with everything you learned over the years I am sure you can make the best out of this situation.
That sounds really tough and understandable that it's racking havoc emotionally. I'm fighting depression myself right now and the only thing keeping me sane is my blog and Etsy shop.
I don't have any sage advice about the kids, this very second my oldest is making me want to pull out my hair and we're just past breakfast. I just try to be optimistic and know things have always worked out in the past if I keep my head up. So I'll just fight through and keep going this time too.
Big hugs to you as you deal with a difficult situation. I can see how its "deja vue" qualities make it especially disheartening. Hang in there!
Post a Comment